Thursday 3 March 2011

Oscars Time!


Ball gowns and black ties at the ready, ladies and gents: you know what this time of year means! I definitely have not been short of my celebrity fashion fix lately, and the Oscars really were the cherry on top of the delicious cake made from layers of the Brits, the Grammys and NTAs. But, lets be honest, it really is just the Oscars we were all desperately waiting for – and, as per usual, we were not left disappointed.

One thing I was slightly disappointed about (and I’m sure I’m not the only one!) was the news of Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez appearing ‘officially’ as a couple for the first time. Come on Justin, think of what your doing to us girls! Selena is beautiful, but I just know that every time Justin mentions ‘I thought you’d always be mine’ he is secretly singing it to me – no matter what this photo indicates!

Sigh. But never mind my opinion of them as a couple- I have to give credit when its due, and the two do look perfect together. I see Justin has adopted a shorter, slicker cut, replacing his renowned floppy mop that used to sit on his head so ungracefully. This, teamed with Selena’s sleek, smooth side do’ just looks, well, perfect – as much as I hate to say it!

Speaking of ‘squeaky clean’ teen stars, Joebro Joe Jonas sure did spruce himself up. Sporting a slight stubble this year (on which I am still slightly uncertain), Joe shows that he is definitely no longer a boy – he is all man!
One thing I did notice, or, not notice, was the lack of light in the boys this year. Us girls typically love those ‘tall, dark, handsome’ men, but when there’s a room full of only this, I must say I’m left looking for the blondes. I’ve always been partial to a fair haired boy myself, so to be left with hardly any this year was quite a let down, despite the blonde-fever that’s swept like an epidemic throughout the girls!

I am signing off now, but you didn’t think I would leave without mentioning the (surprisingly) insane Anne Hathaway did you?! The unlikely choice of presenter showed a rather worrying side of her ‘extravert’ personality against the quiet James Franco, however, what celebrities are aware of, is that presenting awards always means a variety of outfits – right Mrs Longoria-Parker? Hathaway didn’t let us down, sporting different hair styles with each of her exquisite dresses. Going from loose waves to a chic side-swept look, it was her third do’ – the unfaultable side-bun that stole the show, before Anne continued the evening with a high bun and ended with another side sweep. Keep up with that? Impressive – it took me a while too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment