Monday 30 May 2011

British Annual Fashion Tournament – Awesome!

Worked it out? It took me just as long to think of it – BAFTA – clever eh ;) The past couple of weeks have been uber busy with all the award shows, so its only my duty to report on them – obviously my loyalty lies with good old English tele, so I had to priorities the BAFTA’s first!
Alright, so I can’t do the whole ‘build-up-to-the-climax’ thing today – I can’t possibly hide my excitement from the winners of the youtube audience award – my favourite programme ever – The Only Way is Essex! Whether youre brave enough to admit it or not, you know it’s the series you love to hate, and some of the characters in it are those I just love to love! While Lauren adopted a half up look, Amy matched her daring dress with equally daring long, loose locks.
But what I was really impressed with was the way that Lydia scrubbed up. Not one to score highly in the fashion stakes, Lydia went to town and came out looking immaculate! Her sophisticated up do made us at Bloomsbury proud -
- and clearly made Arg proud too – as they were together all night!!
The up-do that I wasn’t most impressed with however, was Helena-Bonham-Carters. That’s not to say that I don’t still adore her, because lets face it – who doesn’t – but her style, to be frank, scared me a little!
she didnt look like someone I would like to meet in a dark alley on a late night to say the very least; but then I suppose holding a BAFTA makes everyone look attractive when it comes down to it!
Never mind the ladies though, here at Bloomsbury of London we were more than impressed with how the men styled themselves! Looking more than well groomed, Colin Firth, Sir Trevor McDonald and our old favourite, Mr Schofield showed us that grey is the way, and let their silver shine-




I really could go on and on, but lets just finish on an ever higher note – our best dressed. This year I have to give my own personal award to Jessica Alba. Pregnant Jess filled our newspapers immediately after her appearance and showed how mums-to-be can still look glam head to toe. Her glamorous (almost bridal) hair did her Versace dress a thousand favours – not that a Versace dress needs any favours, but still! – Heres to you Jess!

No comments:

Post a Comment