Monday 2 May 2011

Life's a beach!

HOORAY! Finally, the Summer seems to be creeping up on us! And I couldn’t welcome the best season with wider arms if I tried. Hide your scarves and hats bloggers, swap them for sunglasses and vest tops!
Now obviously at the first sign of sunshine I will get my towel and flipflops and head straight to the seaside – but theres always that question – what will I do about my hair? Sun, sand, sea? Not the best combination to compliment my locks. So this year, I’ve done my research!
Beach hair. We all hear about it, but what is the ideal ‘beach hair’? Personally, I’m not a fan of the scraped back sweat look –
to me it shows a day of hard work, and I’d like to show off my day of leisure! But I admit, it is unavoidable. While I’m occupied topping up the tan, I’m not to focused on the 7000 different directions that my hair is flying in behind my sunglasses. Well now, I will be!
We all know the ideal – the blonde waves, subtly highlighted by the sun, falling perfectly behind our shoulders, looking effortless …
but we also all know – that’s not reality! I must say though, if I could have that naturally I would go to the beach every morning to achieve the look – even in the winter!
One thing I have noticed, is that ‘beach hair’ tends to be a term related mainly to blondes. Well that’s not fair, what about the brunettes amongst us? Well I have your answer! Audrina Partridge, our favourite Hills girl, never gets it wrong. Especially on the beach. She remembers everything in the style guide, right down (or up) to the locks –
So I guess that is the look of the summer – as it is every summer. The tousled, wavy, knotty-but-neat luscious locks, sunkissed and sultry. Hope I’ve helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment